On Monday, I was at church for a young adult's meeting and afterward I introduced myself to a young woman who I thought was new. We chatted for a bit and I found out she was from Xi'an, in central China, and she asked me where I was from. I told her I was Chinese but I didn't speak Chinese. I asked her if she had ever been to church before, maybe in China, or if this was her first time.
"Do you know anything about mainland China?" she asked, incredulous. "We don't have access to any of these resources. There is no one there to tell you about Christianity. Even if you had a question you cannot ask anyone. We knew there is such thing as a Bible but we never seen one. We don't know anything about it."
When HM came to America three years ago she met some Christian women who told her about God for the first time, and opened up the Bible with her for the first time. Over the last year, she's been meeting one-on-one with a Christian Chinese woman who "coincidently" met HM when she was going through a very difficult time in her life. Since then they've been studying the Bible every week.
HM is looking for peace in her life, and she was told that true peace can only be found in God. She's at the point now where she feels she wants to be a Christian and needs to make a decision about whether or not this is something she wants to take seriously. But she hasn't had that "feeling" from God yet and so she is hesitant.
Will you pray for HM, for her salvation, and for the many millions of people in her home city who have yet to hear about Christ?
No comments:
Post a Comment