Saturday, March 29, 2008

grace! a tour, and an update.

I am continually being blown away by the grace that God has shown me by including me in His plans for the redemption of the world. It is amazing to me that God would bring me here in His providence to refine me as His child, but I can't help but to believe there is something much greater behind why He has brought me to Orlando, or why God urges us to do anything. It is all part of the bigger, sweeping story of Christ's redemption of the world. And it is exciting to know that God would involve us in that!


Now, for a walk through my neighborhood!


This picture here on the left is a few blocks away at the YMCA in my community. This is the bench I sit on to journal, with a great view of this little pond thing. Many pages of processing and reflection goes on there.










This picture here on the right is around the corner from my house. Doesn't it remind you LOST fans of the barracks??? I live on the island.












And this is the sign outside the lake I walk by and drive by everyday. It was a little startling the first time I saw it. Now I just walk on the path as far away from the lake as possible.










A quick update on my uncle:

THANK YOU
for praying and lifting up my Uncle Jack before the Lord. God has truly answered our prayers as my uncle has taken a turn for the better! He has started drinking liquids, has been able to have complete cycles of dialysis, and is much more alert. We are praying now for Him to move from the hospital to rehab, which can only happen if he can get off of the respirator. Doctors cannot believe that he made it this far- it is truly a miracle! They predicted he only had a 1% chance to live, and we are still praying that he would be the one out of 100, and that his life would be a testimony to the power of God.

No comments: