Saturday, March 15, 2008

One Month in Orlando!


Welcome to my blog, "The Word Became Flesh"! It's title was inspired by John chapter 1 which talks about the beautiful and mysterious coming of Christ to earth. What a mystery that the Word could become flesh, and how beautiful that He did it for the salvation of you and me! Glory incarnate. I cannot even imagine what that must look like.

This blog is dedicated to my reflections and lessons as I start work down here in Orlando. The move was difficult, but undoubtedly the right one for after graduating from Cornell. After the pressure-filled, competitive, success-driven environment, I am so thankful to be in a gracious work environment where everyone lets you be who you are, and affirms the importance of that. It has been so freeing and exactly what I needed.

After a month and 5 days in Orlando, I've slowly gotten used to driving 65 on highways and 50 on local streets, needing to drive everywhere, wearing dress pants and button down shirts instead of jeans and a hooded sweatshirt, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for myself, and the 8:30-5pm work schedule.

More reflections to come!


PRAYER UPDATE:

- My Uncle Jack is still in the hospital with a slight improvement in his status. We are still praying for a miraculous intervention in his life and for the peace of God to be with him and his family. Please keep praying for specifically his breathing(lungs and heart) and his kidneys which still need to be on dialysis but the doctors have not been consistently able to keep him on it.

Thanks again for all your prayers.





No comments: