It was difficult to believe that Jim B. could be alive before lunch hour, and gone just moments later. The announcement that came shortly after we had gathered together to pray for him, unsure of why he collapsed on the basketball court nearby. It was surreal, and I think it is still sinking in.
He was simply an outstanding man, and I could tell from the few weeks that I knew him here at the US office. Our entire office grieves his return to the Lord. Jim was one of the first people outside my team to reach out to me. I was sitting in the front row for worship and devotions by myself and he sat right behind me, introduced himself, and since then always greeted me by name. He served the Lord faithfully in Southeast Asia and with my company in Member Care/Development. He was pastoral in his nature, gracious, humble, warm and full of life. He knew His Savior well.
Please pray for Jim's family, for his wife Beth and their two grown children, and five grandchildren. As the entire team joined together today to pray this from the Word of God, "I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." (John 12:24) May his life continue to produce many seeds.
No comments:
Post a Comment