Though I didn't know Jim that well, his going home has brought on a lot of thought about eternity and Christ's sovereignty. I realize I can't even wrap my mind around what eternity with Christ is like. I can't conceive what it's like to be with Christ, how long eternity must be, how short life on earth is in comparison to heaven. I know, Biblically, that life is but a breath and that we are like grass that withers and fades but I cannot conceive that. I still have so much trouble letting go of life temporal.
I want to love the idea of being with Christ. I want to live with a desire to be in the immediate presence of God. To yearn and desire to be with the Savior that I love. I want to have hope that I can rejoice because Jim is with God. What does it mean to have that hope? To love that hope? To live life pressing on towards the prize for which God has called us heavenward in Christ Jesus? To know Christ in His death and RESURRECTION?
No comments:
Post a Comment